Thursday 26 January 2012

The day before the weekend before quitting

So it's Thurs night with nothin' to do. Surprise! Hell, let me rewind a decade or two where I was never in, always out. Knockin' back the drinks like there was no tomorrow...those were the days!
I am planning to quit that horrible nasty habit of smoking Monday 30th Jan. Go me! Dunno if I will succeed, just trying not to create pressure by telling myself that I won't ever smoke again. I mean, damn, thats like being told I'll never get to pick at cheese strings again! I love cheese strings damnit. However, I do appreciate the differences between a cheese string and a cigarette lol
On a plus note, I got myself a job - community support worker - so that will keep me busy once I start. I also plan to re-start volunteering at a hospice not too far from me so that also will make far better use of my time than dragging poisonous fumes in to my body!
Three days till I stop....

No comments:

Post a Comment