Tuesday 4 June 2013

Today is...

...one of the worst days ever. Just want it to be over :( Wish I could just disappear and live in a place where there is nothing but tranquillity, birdsong, the sound of lapping ocean waves, tall tropical trees, hollowed out coconut shells hanging from branches bopping away...heaven.
I would master primitive skills and delight in my newfound tropical surroundings instead of this concrete jungle. I would become inventive and create masterpieces from the natural habitat around me, including the garments that I wore. I would learn to live alongside all the bugs and insects instead of running away from them, maybe even let them walk over my hand and feel their spindly legs tickle their way round and round in my palm, in an endless circle.
At night, I would recline in a makeshift deck chair crafted by my own hands with the natural materials that abundantly make up the island's landscape...all the while listening to the gentle whispering of the frond-like leaves swaying in the cool sea breeze up high above my head, the sing song melodies from cheerful, colourful birds that no one had ever seen before, I would build castles with twigs and shoots...
Hmmm...sounds like a plan to me. Writing can be quite therapeutic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment